Wednesday, November 18, 2009

November 18, 2009

More animals from the wildlife rehab center.



I can't remember the name of this little guy, but I fed him little bits of meat, and his mouth is big and soft, like a frogs. Its amazing. He also can't drink water on his own, or fly right now, so we have to use a squirt bottle to spray water in his mouth.


Then there was this call saying that someone's dogs had attached this sloth. So they went out and got him to bring him in for a few days and make sure he is ok.




Big claws. And really dirty fur. I was told that sloth fur is an ecosystem in and of itself with all kinds of plants, fungi, and bugs living it in. Also, apparently, sloths only leave their trees once a week and that is to go to the bathroom.


More monkey pictures.


Squirrel Monkey

The Tamarins



This is Billy the Capuchin Monkey. He is my favorite.






See Cassie, these guys are nice. They like holding onto your fingers.


The I finally saw a sunset after class as I was walking home. Its not as rainy as it was when i got here two weeks ago.


Tuesday evening, we played Uno. And we had an epic three hour game. I am not saying that we played for three hours, I'm saying we spent three hours playing one round during which, I was the only person to be able to get down to one card, but was never able to actually end the game and win. We intensely competed from 7:30 t0 10:30 each of us trying to keep ourselves from losing. It was insane. I finally just gave up. I was exhausted, and I couldn't handle the stress anymore.

I'm going out to Isla Bastamentos on Saturday to spend a week on the Caribbean islands. After that I am splurging and spending five days in the rainforest with a guide and the Naso tribe. I'm not quite sure what I am going to do there, go on hikes maybe, canoe in the river, i don't know. It should be an adventure though!

2 comments:

  1. Billy looks sweet...until he rips that finger off and eats it!

    You are going to live with a tribe?I think you should apply at National Geographic, they'd be stupid not to take you and you'd maybe get to be on T.V.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you mean spend a weekend on the islands, or a week? Are you finished with school? Have you already met the guide? Is s/he from a reputable outfit? Name of company, please? (Just in case, you know.) And all other contact info. MOM

    ReplyDelete